When I was little, my grandma used to eat fried peanuts every day while drinking Chinese liquor. Some studies have shown that peanuts and liquor are great combination to maintain good health. Fried peanuts is a type of authentic Chinese cuisine. It’s easy to make, and can be eaten cold or hot. Cold dish is an important part of Chinese food. It almost serves the same role as salad in Western cuisine. Personally, I like to use colorful ingredients, such as celery, carrots, green peppers, onion, or tomatoes. In this recipe, we will use “three treasure”–celery, wood ear fungus, and onion.
Cutting onion is not a fun job. I often have to wear swimming gear when doing that. A lot of people don’t like its flavor. But we should eat onions more regularly. According to the latest research project, onion can prevent bone loss. If you have insomnia problem, you can put the chopped onions in a small bag and place next to your pillow. If you get a cough, wrap some chopped onion and cover on your throat to chest area, which can quickly suppress the cough.
Enough about onion. Now let’s get started to make this “three treasure cold dish”!
Wood ear fungus: 15 pieces
Celery: 1 piece
Green Pepper: 1
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
Soy sauce: 1 tablespoon
Oyster sauce: 1/2 tablespoon
White vinegar: 1/2 tablespoon
Spicy oil: 1 teaspoon
Sesame oil: 1 teaspoon
- Soak wood ear fungus in warm water for half an hour. Wash and torn into small pieces.
- Cut onion, green pepper, and celery to slices. Soak in salt water for 10 minutes.
- Boil wood ear fungus in hot water for 3 minutes. Then soak in cold water. Drain and let it stay dry.
- Add salt, sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, white vinegar, spicy oil, and sesame oil to a small bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Put all the vegetables into a large bowl. Add the sauce in step 4. Stir well. Ready to serve!