Summer is probably the favorite season for most people. It’s not hard to resonate. Kids are out of school, weather is nice, days are longer, and outdoor activities are abundant. It’s an ideal time for a family vacation, a barbecue dinner, or a outdoor movie night.
While we enjoy ourselves in so many options of food and entertainment, we don’t realize how much toxin has accumulated inside our body. Even though you may be very careful in choosing a healthy Chinese takeout (see what is Moo Goo Gai Pan), chances are it’s never 100% healthy. After the excessive intake of sugar, protein or fat, the waste from our body’s metabolic process will produce keto acids, uric acid, free radical, excess fat, cholesterol, etc. These content, if not discharged on time, will be left in the vascular wall, which will narrow the blood vessels and lead to disease such as hypertension or arteriosclerosis. Sounds horrible, right? I am a firm believer that nature is our greatest doctor. So today I want to share this great authentic traditional Chinese detoxification recipes.
Black fungus has the efficacy of clearing stomach and blood vessels, therefore reducing the rate of heart cerebrovascular diseases. It’s also a kind of anti-cancer medicinal food because of the anti-cancer substances. Black fungus contains rich protein and vitamin E. It is generally believed that the spinach, lean meat, animal liver is rich in iron. In fact, black fungus contains the highest level of iron (almost 20 times higher than spinach and 7 times higher than the liver).
Besides, if you have cholecystitis and kidney stone, black fungus will be your magical medicine. It contains rich cellulose and a special plant collagen. These two substances can promote gastrointestinal peristalsis, prevent constipation, and facilitate the timely removal and discharge. For the onset of cholecystitis and stone, eat black fungus 1-2 times every day. It will help you relieve pain, nausea and other symptoms in 2-5 days.
Enough said about the benefits, this dish has some other great perks. It’s super easy to make. Takes about 5 minutes after the black fungus is properly soaked and cleaned. No mess in your kitchen. It’s definitely a great move towards a clean diet and clean kitchen. Now let’s get ready for it!
Serves 2 as an appetizer
Preparation time:30 minutes
Cooking time:5 minutes
- Prepare the black fungus: soak black fungus for about half an hour in cold water. Wash and then cut off the roots. Tear into smaller pieces. I usually buy high quality black fungus in Chinatown. But sometimes I prefer to save the trip and get it online since it’s dry food anyway:)
black fungus 200g, soaked and cleaned
clove garlic 6, finely minced
dry red pepper 5, finely chopped
millet pepper 5, finely chopped
parsley 2, finely chopped
oil 5 tablespoon
salt 1/2 teaspoon
sugar 1 teaspoon
rice vinegar 2 tbsp
warm water 2 teaspoon
- Bring a pot of cold water to a boil. Boil the black fungus in hot water for 1 minute and drain.
- Heat up a pan over high heat. Add chopped dry red peppers and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Don’t overcook.
- Once the chili oil is ready, transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, add salt, sugar and rice vinegar. Mix thoroughly with warm water.
- In a medium bowl, add black fungus, garlic, parsley and millet pepper. Mix well. Pour chili oil and sauce made in step 4 on the top. Ready to serve!