Okra and Bacon Roll
Okra was originally from Africa, and imported to China in early 20th century. It is also known as the “golden vegetable” for many reasons. First of all, okra contains rich vitamin and mineral. It contains about 4 mg of vitamin C, 1.03 mg of vitamin E and 310 micrograms of carrot per 100 grams of okra. Zinc, selenium and other elements in okra are very helpful to enhance human anti-cancer ability.
Secondly, there are liquid substances in the sticky okra. This mucus contains pectin and sticky polysaccharide, which has the ability to enhance body resistance ability.
Last but not lease, one of my favorites, okra has high water content but very little fat. It is very suitable for lady who wants to lose weight. It is also rich in vitamin C and dietary fiber, which can help make the skin white and softer.
With that being said, are you excited to try this easy authentic Chinese recipe? For bacon lovers, this combination is absolutely delicious and healthy!
- Marinate bacon with soy sauce and pepper powder for 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water (with some oil) to boil. Add okra and cook uncovered.
- When okra turns to a darker color, turn off the heat.
- Remove okra to a plate. Wait until it’s cooler.
- Cut marinated bacon in half. Roll over the okra and fix with toothpick.
- Add some oil to a pan. Then put each roll inside.
- Use medium heat to fry the roll until it turns golden brown.
- Be careful when rolling bacon, because it is easy to break.
- You can also use oven to make this delicious Healthy Chinese Food.